I ordered my wedding dress from Inweddingdress.com as they were the only site where I could find the exact dress that I wanted. However, I was very disappointed when it showed up.

I had it custom-made and the fit itself (other than length) was perfect, however, the craftmanship was really poor. The lace scalloping above the cup area was visible in some parts and not in others so I had to sew what was there down into the inside of the cup area as it just looked like frayed lace. The boning and cups were only sewn into the inside lining so when I moved in the dress, the cup and boning protruded above the outside lining - I had to sew this into place properly. The zip broke the first time I tried it on so I have had to get this replaced. The 'custom-made' length is perfect at the back but is about 1 inch too long at the front so I have had to have this altered. The crystal embellishment on the front is only secured to one part of the dress and the top of it flops down so I had to sew this into place. I had the key-hole back filled in with matching lace but this has been sewn very roughly so it is very obvious on one side of the back but the other side has been sewn in a different location so the dress looks uneven - while this lace matches the rest of the lace on the dress, it is discoloured a yellow hue so looks terrible against the white.

I have emailed them to discuss my concerns, and they have offered for me to send it back and get it fixed but I don't have time to do this as it will take up to 6-10 weeks and I get married in less than that. So I have just had to sort it out myself and pay the cost.

I would not recommend this site - or at the very least, order 6 months in advance so that you have time to send it back and get fixed if needed, as they won't reimburse you if you need to get it done in your own country.

I bought my bridesmaid dresses from Light in the Box and they are just beautiful. The craftmanship is superb and the communication has been very positive - I would highly recommend them!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 15, 2015.

Comments